Now that school is on the way to finishing up for the year, and summer holidays are coming up, you can begin to plan something fun for yourself, your partner and your kids. At Casa Lucia we love the summer - we get lots of kids in the pool and joining in the yoga classes.
Ironically, summer in North America is actually winter in Nicaragua or Invierno. We get a little relief from the heat, but it still gets hot! The Green Season brings cool rains in the late afternoon, blooming gardens and green fields. It's a great time to climb Volcano Mombacho, explore the White Towns and & Villages outside Granada.
This is my favorite time of year as it feels like a good time to garden, paint and freshen things up for the coming high season. It's the best time to enjoy our grounds to yourself, swing in the hammock and get lots of one on one guest attention!
We even started a small herb garden - photos to come soon. If you are all going to be traveling together, we can rent the hotel to your family, yoga group, workshop or special event. With our hotel rental, you can have our Casa all to yourselves. Mi casa es su casa! - Best wishes, I hope to see you all soon. Eloisa July is Family Month Reserve a room for all 4 of you and get 25% off! Reserve a second room and get 50% off. This is for direct bookings only with the hotel. Please visit our website for more information www.casaluciagranada.com June 1-12th Summer Sale Reserve a deluxe queen and enjoy 50% off on rates including breakfast for 2 people. This is a limited time only sale - contact us directly for more information! www.casaluciagranada.com.
What do you like to snack on?
We tried a few experiments this high season and we have found what you want is sorbet!! Cold icy sorbets ideal for Nicaragua's warm climate. Maybe next year we will try chocolate.
No Churn Vegan Mint Ice Cream
A creamy and refreshing mint ice cream made with only 5 ingredients, without sugar, dairy, eggs or nuts. Serves: 2 cups INGREDIENTS * 1 avocado (kb. 200g) * ½ cucumber (kb. 150g) * juice of 1 lime * a handful of mint leaves* * 5 tablespoons of erythritol** - we used honey or maple syrup INSTRUCTIONS
1. Rinse and clean veggies: scoop avocado, there's no need to peel the cucumber.
2. Put all the ingredients in a blender and mix until smooth.
3. Pour in a container of your choice and put in the freezer.
4. You can get a creamier consistency if you break your ice cream with a fork every 30 minutes to dislodge forming ice crystals. However, we didn't have the time to do that and the ice cream turned out just fine. Sure, there were some ice crystals but it was still creamy, scoopable (see photos).
5. Let it sit in the freezer for the night. Leave it on the counter for 40-50 minutes to get scoopable. In case you don't feel like scooping, you can also make these in ice pop moulds. NOTES * Stick to fresh mint leaves, mint extract is too strong for this. ** You can sub any liquid or powdered sweetener you like for erythritol, but it has to be some significant amount: a pinch of stevia wouldn't do. **
We do have some openings in 2017-18 for our two one bedroom apartments in the hotel. These book quickly and we always confirm with our regulars every summer. To keep us competitive we also have them on booking.com so you, friends and family can reserve a few nights in the green season. From November - March we typically rent in 1-2 month spells. If you are interested please send us an email and we will get right in touch. Thank you to everyone who stayed with us in 2017, of course we hope to see you again!